英文语法 » 虚拟语气 » 正文   0 个评论

虚拟语气用于祝愿语,惊叹于及委婉表达中

1.用于祝愿语(用动词原形):
Long live world Peace!
世界和平万岁!
“God bless you,”said the old woman.
老太婆说,“愿上帝保佑你。”
“(God)damn it,”cursed the man.
那人骂道,“他妈的!”
Heaven help us.
愿老天保佑我们。

2.用于由may引起的祝愿语:
May you be happy all your life.
况你一牛幸福。
May there never be another world war!
愿再也不发生世界大战!

3.用if only引起的惊叹语中(谓语和with后从句的谓语形式一样):
Oh,if he only knew how we miss him.
但愿他知道我们多么想念他。
If only I hadn’t lost it.
我要是没丢失它就好了!
If only she were not so terribly frightened of Aunt Ruth.
她如果不那么怕鲁斯姨就好了!

4.用在as it were中:
He is,as it were,a walking dictionary.
他可说是一部活字典。

在日常口语中,常可用could,might,would,should等代替can,may,will,shall等使口气显得更婉转,有人也看作是一种虚拟语气,如:
Could you leave your telephone number with us?
你可否把你的电话号码给我们留下?(比用can显得客气一些)
Might I have your pen for a minute?
我可否借你的钢笔用一下?
What would you advise me to do?
你看我该怎么办?
I should be glad to talk to him.
我愿和他谈谈。
Wouldn’t it be better to do it ourselves?
我们自己来干是否更好一点?
You might as well do it today.
你不如今天就做。
The situation could still be remedied,I suppose.
我看这情势也许还有挽救余地。

发表评论

您得 登录 才能留言呐.

飞达语法网,英语语法大全专业网站! 英语俚语
上海外教
Copyright © 2019